I want to thank Tisha @Brainy essays for Nominating me for this School Day Challenge. She has a very interesting blog which will hold your attention. So, Please drop over to visit with her you will not regret it ever !! I know from my experience when I met her blog and her I am still pleased to have done that years ago. Thanks to “School Days-Conclusion” for the Nomination for this Challenge.
Here Are The Rules :
- Share your most memorable school memory and write a blog, post about it. If you don’t have a blog, but wish to participate , you can mail me your entries. Check the Contact page for more information regarding this. ( Tisha Brainy essays) It may be funny, serious, inspirational, or anything as long as it is important to you !! You can share poems, stories, sketches or paintings related to this theme. The best Three Entrees would be featured on this site.
- mention all the rules and give a brief description about this ” school days” series and the School Day Challenge.
- Link it with the original post ” School Days/The Conclusion” so that I, at Brainy Essays, get a ping back.
- Nominate 5 Bloggers and provide them the link to the original post.
- This is an open challenge and anyone who wishes to participate can take it up, even if you have not been Nominated. Just link your post to this one, and follow the above mentioned instructions.
- Provide a link to this original post ” School Days/The Conclusion” and also a link to the blog who Nominated you.
- Tag it with the #School Day Challenge.
So, that’s it !! Get ready, recall your best memories and share them here.
My School Adventures
A long ago when the earth was green I actually did go to school. It was out in the open prairies of western Canada. Nothing is more scary than walking to school in a major snow storm just because we lived in town. The country kids got to stay home from school as the school buses might get stuck in snow banks spread across the roads. That white monster of a snow storm created nothing but havoc with human beings back then. They still do trust me. We were actually fortunate as we lived only one block from the school and still had to wear long johns and heavy clothes with a big strong winter jacket and snow pants with snow boots. gloves and toques. The girls in my family wore most of the same except it was made for girls winter stuff. The cold was at times hard to take especially with a real strong wind blowing which always increased the cold with what is called Windchill. This drove the temperatures lower every time. The most silly part of all this was we had no normal classes as some of the teachers lived in the city and were not able to drive out here. Maybe, they had someone to ensure snow storms hit us on a regular basis. It did seem this way. The spring and summer weather was always welcomed with eager open arms.
I will say that there are more pictures coming along in my blog about my school days adventures. Yes, winters did suck at times for sure. I think over all it helped to build character in us as the parents thought or planned this torture first thing in the mornings. We soon grew out of that type of thinking as we were actually growing up. Our attentions were being held by some other equipment that turned up in our class rooms. They held round tins of Films for us to watch. These were amazing and very educational value for the studies in Social Studies and Geography. We learned lots that at the time made no sense but if we looked deep into what we just watched it was fascinating for us students. Each film seemed to hold parts of studying areas of Canada from the east to the west to the arctic. A lots of certain things matched how the residents learned from the Inuit and some Metis who lived in different villages. We watched them fish their traditional ways from canoes which they used all the time until the use of horses came about. They always loved living from the rivers that flowed through their traditional lands.
This does actually happens when severe snow storms hit the prairies every winter. We need to ensure that snowblowers are capable of removing the snow if at all possible. We also have snow plows to keep snow off the highways all days during these stunning windy white outs that get called. Maybe this day should have been one for sure.
To be honest I really truly do not know anyone who never hit the ditches during one of the worst storms.
I do know I have more inside of me to create and write a super wonderful blog which is why I do create blogs. I love music and if at all possible I listen to it loud as could be blaring with a 5 Band Equalizer which built the sound into ear blowing music levels.
The School Day Series is all about school life when went back in our time. You know who you hung out with and had those fantastic days with.
#2. This series is all about how our time in school actually was a great blast all through school. I can relate to each post about how bad we were and how we acted. Going to the Principals Office was extreme for anyone. But, alas I was there a few times during my high school days. Just to remember what transpired way back in those days jolts my old age out of its nest.
#3. My School Adventure/School Days/Conclusion
#4. My 5 Nominees Are :
Penfila Help Break The Silence
Prdgya Khokhar Immortal Words
Era The Hidden Soul
This is an open challenge and anyone who wishes to participate can take it up, even if you not been Nominated. Just link your post to this one, and follow the above mentioned instructions.
6. Provide a link to this original post ” School days/The Conclusion”and also a link to the blog who Nominated you.
7. Tag it with the #School Day Challenge.
So that’s it !! Get ready, recall your best memories and share them here.
Link to the Original Post #School Day Challenge or ” School Days-Challenge”